So imagine my delight when I found out that JeffCorwinConnect has partnered with Waterford Press to collaborate on a beautiful 6-part series of Pocket Naturalist Guides with the intention of creating the next generation of environmental stewards. Together, they provide programs and products designed to engage kids of all ages in the enjoyment and preservation of the natural world. Sign. Me. Up!
What we liked about it:
- They are extremely lightweight and compact. The perfect size for throwing into your backpack to take on any adventure, big or small.
- They are fully laminated, which means waterproof! A big bonus for us considering all of the hiking we do is generally in close proximity to water!
- They are virtually indestructible, which means a lot to the mother of a two year old whose sole mission in life, it seems, is to figure out how to dismantle and dissect all that she comes in contact with.
- They are easily understandable, even for a toddler. I found the text very straightforward and able to hold V’s attention.
- Gorgeous and compelling visuals also added to capturing our two year old’s attention. She loved the map features and discovering the wide array of animals within each group of species.
I hear that a follow-up collaboration is in the works for a series of Nature Activity Books complete with wildlife-related games, puzzles, quizzes and classroom activities! A perfect way to expand and encourage our kid’s interest and engagement in nature and the natural sciences! I can’t wait to get my hands on them!
It goes without saying, our family loves to learn and obviously, we love nature. We are constantly striving to encourage our little one’s passion for learning while simultaneously infusing a love for Mother Nature. This series is a great tool to get those kiddos outdoors, learning, exploring and discovering! It’s a Win-Win! And speaking of winning… MommyHiker.com has partnered with Waterford Press to give one lucky reader the entire 6 part Nature Explorer Series! What a perfect stocking stuffer!!
Please use the Rafflecopter Widget below to enter to win. The winner is randomly selected by a 3rd party within 48 hours of the close of the contest and will be emailed and announced on this page. If you have any question, please don’t hesitate to contact us at mommyhikerblog(at)gmail(dot)com. Sorry, but this giveaway is open to Continental U.S. residents ONLY! Good Luck!!
NOTE: If you don’t happen to be the lucky winner of our giveaway, but still want to get the series (Guides Retail for $7.95/each) in time for Christmas, you can contact Waterford Press directly at (800) 434-2555 or write to email@example.com. The series will be available for purchase on Amazon.com and at Barnes & Noble in early 2014.
a Rafflecopter giveaway//d12vno17mo87cx.cloudfront.net/embed/rafl/cptr.js
9 thoughts on “[Giveaway] Inspire Your Young Nature Explorers with Jeff Corwin!”
Jeff Corwin makes nature interesting. He is entertaining and fun to watch. Learning comes naturally is you enjoy what you're learning.
Totally agree! I love watching him and so much fun for the kids! 🙂
This is the perfect gift for nature lovers! Thanks for sharing via Mommy Monday! XOXO
Jeff Corwin is a favorite at our house on Saturday mornings! If I have to have an electronic babysitter while I get laundry done, Jeff is a great one.
Would be great for my new nephew!
I need to find out about Jeff Corwin as sounds like just what my kids would love. These guides sound perfect for them too.
My daughter would love these! She's especially obsessed with all kinds of sharks and has told me that she'd like to swim with a whale shark..
My kids love all things animals! These would be awesome!
I'm entering! My little one loves the great outdoors and animals. I am like so excited about that because nature and animals I think is just so great to learn about.