Yogurt is a staple in our family’s diet. It is consumed on a weekly basis and in the hot Los Angeles summer months, we eat it daily. We don’t need a fancy yoghurt recipe to jazz it up, plain and simple, we love yoghurt how ever its served up!
Over a decade ago, we discovered Mountain High Yoghurt and have been loyal fans ever since. Not only is it rich and creamy, it is one of those brands still making yogurt the traditional European way; mixing milk and cultures together. It is simply yoghurt with none of the fillers, gelatin or any of that other silly stuff, made from cows that are happy and hormone free.
The benefits of yoghurt are multi-faceted, full of nutrients and half the calories of other similar foods, it can be easily substituted for high fat foods like sour cream and mayonnaise without sacrificing flavor. In addition to being full of protein and high in important minerals like magnesium and potassium, yoghurt is loaded with friendly bacteria called probiotics.
Mountain High Yoghurt contains numerous strains of probiotics including L. bulgaricus and S. thermophilus, which are live and active starter cultures that turn milk into yoghurt; and L. acidophilus, B. bifidus, and L. casei, which are live and active probiotic cultures.
- L. acidophilus, B. bifidus, and L. casei serve numerous functions in digestion, metabolism (the breakdown and synthesis of energy and vital nutrients), and immunity. Healthy levels of these probiotic cultures can:
- stimulate the immune system to resist illness, including infection from the common cold and influenza viruses, as well as more serious pathogens
- discourage the growth of harmful bacteria and other pathogens
- aid digestion by increasing enzyme levels
- increase absorption of calcium and other nutrients
- help break down lactose (milk sugar)
- reduce/avoid the onset of or speed recovery from diarrhea
Cold Cucumber and Yogurt Soup (Cacık)
Summer Yoghurt Pasta
Healthy and Delicious Oatmeal Banana Bread
Now here’s your chance to become a loyal Mountain High Yoghurt loving family just like ours! Subscribe to the Mountain High Yoghurt monthly newsletter and download a coupon to save $1.00 when you buy 2 tubs!
We want to hear from you! Try our recipes and let us know what your family thought!
2 thoughts on “[Food Series] Cut Calories and Cool Down This Summer with 3 Delicious Yoghurty Recipes”
This is fantastic. I love the recipes!
So many great ideas! We just loved trying Mountain High Yoghurt!